Tuesday, April 18th 6:30-8:30PM
Members: $25 | Non-members: $50
Using a mix of lecture and demonstration, this session will introduce participants to key concepts needed to properly operate a camera for the purposes of capturing video. This workshop will provide information that can be used in the operation of almost any modern video camera or video-capable still camera/device. Highly recommended for anyone who is starting out in video. This is a good primer for those who want to get serious about video, but will also be helpful for hobbyists.
- Types of cameras and the qualities of each
- The effect of frame rates
- Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and Gain
- Colour Temperature/White Balance and how it affects your image
- Resolution: HD vs 4K, and what it actually means
- Codec basics (H.264 vs MOV, etc)
- Camera audio basics
- Setup Demonstration
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and/or accessibility needs and to register.